OF COURSE NO ONE ASPIRES TO SPEND THEIR ELDER YEARS IN A NURSING HOME or in an undignified living situation. Unfortunately, that is exactly what is happening to our mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends at an alarming rate throughout America.
It is what the future holds for those who don’t understand how to properly navigate the complicated world of aging in the U.S.
After reading this book you will:
* Understand how to “age in place” by learning how to evaluate the home environment, your physical needs or the needs of a loved one
* Be able to distinguish between facilities that house older adults and why a nursing home should not be an option
* Realize that there are many ways to pay for elder care, but that Medicare is not one of those ways
* No longer be susceptible to physical or financial abuse
* Be motivated to take charge of your future and our collective futures because as long as we are alive, we have a future
Using real life examples, Susan B. Geffen’s insightful and entertaining book explains how making the right choices when we are capable and knowing what choices are available, can mean the difference between having a lovely future and being in the “custody” of institutional care.